187 Checklist

Regional Sponsored Migration Visa - Temporary Resident Transition stream

The following document checklist is based on the Departments public guidelines and should be tailored to your specific circumstances by a lawyer - registered migration agent. As a client of U migrate Australia, we provide a tailored checklist for you, your de facto, spouse or employer - as your situation requires.

protect your privacy - never email your personal or sensative documents

Current passport showing biographical (photo) pages

Birth certificate (or family register) showing full birth details, including parents’ names

If married, divorced or widowed: Marriage certificate(s), divorce certificate(s), death certificate(s) (as applicable)

If in a de facto relationship: Evidence that you have been in this relationship for at least 12 months. U Migrate Australia recommends registering your relationship with a State or Territory authority)

If you previously changed your legal name: Evidence of the legal name change e.g. name change deed

A copy of your official subclass 457 or 482 visa grant letter

Current evidence of 'competent' English language ability (usually lasts 3 years)

Up-to-date resume/CV (in Word format if possible)

Work references for all periods of employment, written on company letterhead and signed/dated, with the contact details of the referee

If licensing/registration is required for your occupation: Evidence of your ability to meet licensing or registration requirements

If you have lived here for more than 12 months during the last 10 years: Australian Federal Police (AFP) National Police Certificate dated within the last 12 months

Police clearance certificates for ALL other countries in which you have lived for more than 12 months (cumulative) during the last 10 years (dated within the last 12 months)

If you previously carried out military service: Military service discharge document

Contract of employment and duty statement, showing the same occupation and duties as approved for your subclass 457 visa.

National identity card (both sides) if applicable

If dependent applicant is 18 years or older: evidence of dependency

Form 80 - filled in printed and signed/dated (Filled in with your computer. U Migrate uses e-signing to assist you)



You should provide copies of your original documents in high quality, full colour .pdf files. Original documents should be scanned with a flat-bed scanner - not a phone or camera - ensuring

  1. Single page documents are scanned into one (1) .pdf file;
  2. Multiple page documents are all scanned into one (1) .pdf file;
  3. All .pdf files are named appropriately to identify the content, for example: James birth certificate.

Certified Copies

U Migrate Australia will inform you if your documents require certification.

Nothing on this website is legal or immigration advice and you should obtain advice in relation to your specificcircumstances.